To Measure at home
Make sure you have a pencil, scissors and ruler at hand.
First of all print off the measuring gauge ensuring your printer is set to 100%. You can check it has printed at the right size by comparing the millimetre markings against a ruler.
Cut along the dashed line to remove the width measure from the sheet.
- 1. Always measure your child's feet without shoes but with the correct thickness of socks for the shoes they will be wearing.
- 2. Place the gauge on a hard surface
- 3. Ask your child to place one foot on the paper ensuring the back of the heel is on the heel line and not over the line.
- 4. Ask your child to look straight ahead and distribute the weight equally between both feet.
- 5. Measure the length of the longest toe.
- 6. Take the width measurement by wrapping the width measure around your child's foot at the widest point from the big toe joint to the little toe joint, a diagonal measurement. Pull the measure gently and read the measurement where it meets the starting point.